Data SheetHerzan’s high performance acoustic enclosure for users requiring unfettered instrument access. The Crypt is a multifaceted enclosure, designed specifically to allow users with large instrument setups to access the perimeter of the instrument without having to move components around.
The Crypt is suited for a wide variety of users, ranging from product test engineers to AFM researchers, all of whom receive some of the best acoustic isolation performance ever developed by a Herzan acoustic enclosure.
- Maximum Isolation: Multiple variable density layers of sound-damping material ensure substantial isolation of high and low frequency acoustic noise.
- Sound Structure: Dense welded steel frame provides increased stiffness and reduces ground-borne vibration transference.
- Full Accessibility: Ease of access (1800 accessibility) and maneuverability (caster wheels) allows time-critical research to become seamless.
- Limitless Personalization: Upgrades for environmental, usability and accessibility features available
In addition to the Crypt’s standard features, additional upgrade features can be added, making the Crypt versatile in addressing specific research needs for any user. Popular upgrade features include:
- Integrated Vibration Isolation (Active or Passive)
- Acoustic Performance Boost
- EMI Shielding
- NanoDamp Frame
- Gas Purge
- Temperature Stability
- Custom Sizes and Colors
- And More!
- Internal Dimensions:
- Imperial (W x D x H): 40 x 35.1 x 38 inches
- Metric (W x D x H): 1016 x 891.5 x 965.2 mm
- External Dimensions:
- Imperial (W x D x H): 43.5 x 40.6 x 67.5 inches
- Metric (W x D x H): 1,104.9 x 1031.2 x 1,714.5 mm
When determining the enclosure suitable for your instrument or application, verify the dimensions of the instrument/application do not exceed the internal dimensions of the enclosure. There are many standard enclosures sizes (with custom enclosure sizes available), allowing any instrument or application to receive research-grade acoustic isolation.
- 31.7 dB of sound loss @ 100 Hz
- 23 dB of sound loss @ 250 Hz
- 33 dB of sound loss @ 500 Hz
- 39 dB of sound loss @ 1000 Hz
- 25 dB of sound loss @ 2,500 Hz