High Performance Acoustic Isolation that Rests On Any Desktop. The Silencer acoustic enclosure is Herzan’s solution for atomic force microscopes (AFM) and other compact research equipment that require high performance acoustic isolation in a form factor befitting a desktop.
Herzan began working with makers and users of AFMs to develop a solution tailored to the needs of a modern, space-restricted research lab. The Silencer combines the high quality features that have become standard to all Herzan enclosures, with a compact and cost-effective value for acoustic isolation. The Silencer is also one of Herzan’s most upgradeable acoustic enclosures, with opportunities for custom sizes, shapes, and a myriad of other research-specific features.
- Maximum Isolation: Multiple variable density layers of sound-damping material ensure substantial isolation of high and low frequency acoustic noise.
- Compact Form Factor: Designed to provide researchers with an effective acoustic isolation solution in even the most space-restricted lab environments.
- Full Accessibility: Ease of access (reversible door) and maneuverability (light weight + door handles) allows research to become seamless and adaptable to change.
- Limitless Personalization: Upgrades for performance, environmental, usability, and accessibility features available.
In addition to the Silencer’s standard features, additional upgrade features can be added, making the Silencer versatile in addressing specific research needs for any user. Popular upgrade features include:
- Integrated Vibration Isolation (Active or Passive)
- Acoustic Performance Boost
- EMI Shielding
- Gas Purge
- Temperature Stability
- Custom Sizes and Colors
- Custom Cable Port Variations
- And More!
- Internal Dimensions:
- Imperial (W x D x H): 18 x 19.8 x 34.5 inches
- Metric (W x D x H): 457 x 503 x 876 mm
- External Dimensions:
- Imperial (W x D x H): 20.1 x 24.1 x 36.3 inches
- Metric (W x D x H): 510 x 612 x 922 mm
When determining the enclosure suitable for your instrument or application, verify the dimensions of the instrument/application do not exceed the internal dimensions of the enclosure. There are many standard enclosures sizes (with custom enclosure sizes available), allowing any instrument or application to receive research-grade acoustic isolation.
- 31.6 dB of sound loss @ 100 Hz
- 35.2 dB of sound loss @ 500 Hz
- 34 dB of sound loss @ 1,000 Hz
- 38.7 dB of sound loss @ 2,500 Hz
- 33 dB of sound loss @ 5,000 Hz
The multi-layered, variable density material lining the inside of the Silencer allows for the highest performing acoustic isolation performance across a broad frequency spectrum.
INTERESTED IN A PRODUCT DEMO?
The best method to determine whether you are about to make a viable purchase is to evaluate the quality, performance, and features of a given product. Herzan is committed to the satisfaction of every customer and provides each customer with the opportunity to conduct a trial demo evaluation period for a wide range of its products.
Contact us today to discuss our substantive demo policy that allows you to test drive the isolation product of interest. In the event you are prepared to evaluate a Herzan isolation product, please submit a Demo Evaluation Form to this email address or Fax a completed form to (949) 340-9751 and a representative will contact you shortly.
Availability of demo units subject to current inventory.