Intuitive and Intelligent Site Survey Analysis. The WaveCatcher site survey tool has been developed and refined to deliver comprehensive environmental data in a compact, user-friendly package. Created to be accessible and easily understood by any user, the WaveCatcher delivers precisely measured environmental data with a push of a button.
Utilizing configurable software features and robust hardware options, the WaveCatcher is able to acquire complex and comprehensive environmental data (vibration, acoustic, and EMI noise) within seconds. Defining your WaveCatcher package is easy: simply let us know what type of environmental noise needs to be measured, across what frequency range, and we will help deliver the best solution to meet your research needs!
The WaveCatcher is compatible with a variety of vibration, acoustic, and EMI sensors, which can be easily customized to meet the requirements of any application. Provided below are some available hardware options for the WaveCatcher:
- Single or triple axis vibration sensor
- Broadband acoustic microphone
- Triple axis EMI sensor
- Compact, highly portable carrying case
- Analog-to-digital converter
- WaveCatcher signal analysis software with compact computer
The WaveCatcher software is constantly evolving to help researchers better understand their environment. It’s modern software design enables users to quickly and accurately perform site survey measurements with the push of a button. New features and overall improvements to the software are added monthly, which becomes available to any WaveCatcher user subscribed to the WaveCatcher Software Upgrade plan.
Provided below are some key features available with the WaveCatcher software:
- Quick Measurements: Quickly measure acoustic, vibration and EMI noise with the push of a button.
- High Repeatability: Pre-loaded and user-defined protocols ensure measurements can be performed with consistent and reliable measurement parameters.
- Multiple Measurement Modes: The WaveCatcher software comes with multiple measurement modes to support a diverse set of measurement needs (e.g. FFT, periodic, and continuous).
- Dynamic Data Post Processing: Dynamic post-processing for immediate analysis and review of measurement data and sample modes.
- Multi-Sensor Measurements: Multiple sensor measurements for complex and customized data collection, popular for transmissibility testing.
Complete Software Support
WaveCatcher users can now receive an array of support services tailored to maximizing and extending the user experience of the software, while ensuring the hardware provided remains accurately calibrated. The support services listed below can be purchased individually or as a package at a reduced price (i.e. Complete Software Services Package).
Annual Software Support (Online): WaveCatcher users are able to receive comprehensive online support for the WaveCatcher software, ensuring maximum up-time for the data measurement tool. A Herzan representative will provide personalized solutions to any issue experienced with the WaveCatcher software in a timely manner (within 2 business days).
- Automatic Software Upgrades: WaveCatcher users are able to receive regular updates and improvements that will enhance their experience with the software. Updates and improvements will be released routinely and will range from major software refinements to routine bug fixes.
- Annual Sensor Calibration: All standard sensors and A-to-D converters provided with the WaveCatcher are now eligible for routine calibration, which will improve the reliability and accuracy of data collected over time.
Upcoming Upgrade Modules
New features to the WaveCatcher software are added monthly, which are driven by customer feedback and overall innovations to the tool itself. Some features are included with the Annual Software Upgrade subscription, while others will be standalone upgrade modules to be purchased separately.
The following features are upcoming in the WaveCatcher software development schedule:
- Remote Data Access and Operation: A database integration system is being developed for larger data files, remote access to data, and remote operation of the WaveCatcher.
- Automated Reports: Automatic report generation is being developed for researchers wanting to streamline the reporting process based on a site measured.
- Visualization of Isolation Systems for Measurements: The WaveCatcher software will soon dynamically visualize the improvement of a Herzan environmental isolation system with the data measured in the environment. By doing so, a user can quickly determine if the room can be brought within instrument specification.