High-Access SEM Acoustic Enclosures
Technological advancements in electron microscopy make operating in a quiet and stable environment necessary. Herzan’s latest acoustic enclosure for electron microscopes ensures maximum protection from disruptive acoustic noise originating from pumps, chillers, and other loud laboratory equipment.
Every SEM acoustic enclosure can be customized to the electron microscope’s specific requirements and research needs, ensuring the researcher receives optimal results from their microscope.
- Designed for EMs: modular/paneled design for maximum performance and utility.
- Leading Performance for Acoustically Sensitive EMs: multiple layers of sound dampening material for broad frequency acoustic isolation.
- Accessibility for Ease-of-Use: multiple cable access ports and double-access doors allow for uncompromised access to the electron microscope at all times.
- Mobile and Removable: detachable caster jacks allow for high portability and accessibility when needed.
- Electron Microscopes (SEM/TEM)
- Large Metrology Tools
- Loud Semiconductor Equipment
- Ultra-High Vacuum Scanning Tunneling Microscopes (UHV-STM)
- Large Acoustically Sensitive Research Instrumentation
- And More!
The multi-layered, variable density materials lining the walls of the High-Access SEM Enclosure allow for high-performance acoustic isolation across a broad frequency spectrum.
- 36 dB of sound loss at 200 Hz
- 37 dB of sound loss at 500 Hz
- 36 dB of sound loss at 1,000 Hz
- 36 dB of sound loss at 1,500 Hz
- 39 dB of sound loss at 2,000 Hz
Every enclosures acoustic lining can be tailored to specific noise frequencies measured within the environment. Share your site survey with a Herzan engineer today to optimize the enclosure for your lab.
Dimensions & Features
- High-Quality Hardware with Light-Tight Latching System
- Variable Density Acoustic Lining Targets Broad Frequency Spectrum
- Enclosure Design Can Incorporate 2, 3, or 4 Panels Per Side
- Cleanroom Compatible Acoustic Lining/Treatment Available
- Rigid Structural Frame Supporting Each Panel with Easy Disassembly
When determining whether the standard enclosure design is suitable for your SEM, verify the dimensions of the SEM do not exceed the internal dimensions of the enclosure. If the internal dimensions are too large or too small for your instrument, let us know and we will be happy to design a custom acoustic enclosure for your SEM.