Custom SEM Acoustic Enclosures
Technological advancements in electron microscopy make operating in a quiet and stable environment necessary. Herzan’s latest acoustic enclosure for electron microscopes ensures maximum protection from disruptive acoustic noise originating from pumps, chillers, and other loud laboratory equipment.
Every EM acoustic enclosure can be customized to the electron microscope’s specific requirements and research needs, ensuring the researcher receives optimal results from their microscope.
- Designed for EMs: modular/paneled design for maximum performance and utility.
- Leading Performance for Acoustically Sensitive EMs: multiple layers of sound dampening material for broad frequency acoustic isolation.
- Accessibility for Ease-of-Use: multiple cable access ports and double-access doors allow for uncompromised access to the electron microscope at all times.
- Mobile and Removable: detachable caster jacks allow for high portability and accessibility when needed.
- Integrated Active Vibration Isolation (AVI Series)
- Integrated Active EMI Cancellation (Spicer System)
- Acoustic Performance Boost
- Temperature Stability
- Custom Sizes and Colors
- Custom Accessibility Points and Doors
- And More!
- Electron Microscopes (SEM/TEM)
- Large Metrology Tools
- Loud Semiconductor Equipment
- Ultra-High Vacuum Scanning Tunneling Microscopes (UHV-STM)
- Large Acoustically Sensitive Research Instrumentation
- And More!
- 23 dB of sound loss at 100 Hz
- 37 dB of sound loss at 500 Hz
- 36 dB of sound loss at 1,000 Hz
- 36 dB of sound loss at 1,500 Hz
- 39 dB of sound loss at 2,000 Hz
The multi-layered, variable density material lining the inside of the SEM acoustic enclosure allows for the highest performing acoustic isolation performance across a broad frequency spectrum.
- Imperial (W x D x H): 48 x 56 x 80 inches
- Metric (W x D x H): 1219 x 1422 x 2032 mm
- Imperial (W x D x H): 52 x 60 x 83.5 inches
- Metric (W x D x H): 1321 x 1524 x 2121 mm
When determining whether the standard EM acoustic enclosure is suitable for your instrument or application, verify the dimensions of the instrument/application do not exceed the internal dimensions of the enclosure. There are many standard enclosures sizes (with custom enclosure sizes available), allowing any instrument or application to receive research-grade acoustic isolation.
If the internal dimensions are too large or too small for your instrument, let us know and we will be happy to design a custom acoustic enclosure for your instrument or application.