The AVI Series is a modular, low profile, active vibration isolation platform achieving sub-hertz vibration isolation performance across all six degrees of freedom. The AVI Series is available in three standard sizes (AVI-200, AVI-400, and AVI-600) to accommodate instruments of all shapes and sizes (from 0 – 9,000 Kg).
The isolation technology within the AVI Series consists of piezoelectric sensors, control electronics, and actuators, which dynamically respond to vibrations within the environment and provide an attenuated signal to the top plate of the isolators.
The seamless installation process and lack of persistent maintenance of the AVI Series allows users to save money on installation costs while also saving time to focus on their research rather than their vibration isolation platform.
- Isolate All Vibrations: Isolates vibrations in all six rotational and translational modes of vibration.
- Industry Leading Low-Frequency Isolation: Active isolation from 1 to 200 Hz (0.5 – 200 Hz with the LFS System); passive isolation beyond 200 Hz.
- Active > Passive: No low frequency resonance means much better performance between 0 – 5 Hz than a passive system.
- Maximum Stiffness & Stability: 500 times stiffer than a passive system, which imparts excellent directional and positional stability.
- Scalable to Any Instrument Size: Module style allows system to adapt to specific sizes and loads, making it ideal for a wide range of applications.
- Seamless Installation and Use: Low profile design allows the AVI Series to be installed without the need of lifting equipment.
To determine the relevant AVI Series model for your instrument, compare your instrument’s weight and dimensions to the maximum supported area and load capacity figures below.
- Dimensions: 24 x 24 inches / 610 x 610 mm
- Weight: 220 lbs / 100 kgs
- Relevant AVI Series Model: AVI-200S
PLEASE NOTE: The max supported area and load capacity can be expanded when additional isolators are used in the overall platform (greater than two). The values represented above are for AVI-200 platforms with QTY 2 AVI-200 isolators used. Contact us today if your instrument exceeds either the max supported area or the load capacity.
If you have questions about which AVI Series platform is right for your instrument, contact us today!
The transmissibility graph listed below is a conservative estimate of the vibration isolation performance provided by all AVI Series platforms, pertaining to all translational and rotational modes of vibration (all six degrees of freedom).
- Active vibration isolation from 1 – 200 Hz (0.5 – 200 Hz when paired with the LFS System).
- Passive vibration isolation from 200 Hz and beyond.
- 90% vibration isolation at 5.5 Hz.
- 99% vibration isolation at 10 Hz and beyond.
- Low frequency performance can be improved with the LFS System Upgrade.